Saturday, May 31, 2008

What's this Blog About and Who's it For?

The concept behind this blog is to address the issues outside of photography that directly relate to the business of photography. I'm a professional photographer specializing in architecture, food and narrative people and product. The majority of my photography is commissioned by businesses and ad agencies with a specific creative brief so some of my experience may not be relevant to your situation but a lot of it will be.

So who is this blog aimed at:
1) Students of photography - yep you've learnt a lot at university and now you're thinking of how can I turn beautiful images into a bit of cash.
2) Emerging professionals - you're up and running and you're thinking how do I tweak my system we'll try and give you a suggestion.
3) Established professionals - yep, if you're there and have some other thoughts, suggestions, ideas and questions please send them in.

What are we going to talk about:
1) Marketing
2) Selling
3) Networking
4) Business plans
5) Business tools
6) Portfolios
7) Anything else you or I can think of...

What isn't this blog about:
1) The blog isn't about how to take a better photo; there's a lot more places to go for that info.

No comments: